We, mommies are always looking around for books that have beautiful illustrations and make a good read for our kids. While, on my recent hunt I discovered World of Anahi & Vir by Little Latitude!
Little Latitude is a project envisioned by Vinay Diddee, an apparel and merchandise designer to create meaningful children’s products like books, clothing, bed linen, toys and stationery.
The inspiration behind the brand are Didee’s own children. He wanted to create some whimsical characters with which children can relate and came up with book series.
World of Anahi & Vir is a series of 3 books that follows 2 kids as they explore natural worlds & animals
- If there’s one Place I could be: celebrates the colorful life under the sea. Her journey takes her from the depths of the sea, through the open ocean, to the coral reefs, revealing the wonders of the ocean at every step.
- If there was one Thing I could be: Vir imagines what it would be like, to be a bird. In his fantasy, he explores different kinds of birds, their unique features and ultimately the joy of flight.
- If I lived in a Tree house: Vir and Anahi search for a perfect home of their own. Along this journey they reveal all kinds of animals and their unique homes.
What we love about the books:
- Language is simple, fun and catchy.
- Illustrations are simply beautiful. It reminds you of your old Indian story books but definitely has Global appeal.
- The book engages you and let children understand and relate to the world around them.
- It helps children learn, imagine and promotes pretend play.
Other great products from them are:
- Party in the sky :It’s a new book out for sale next week. It’s about children exploring the Solar system…what a fun way to learn!
- Room mobiles: Beautiful hand applique designs made in organic cotton.
You can buy them online on www.littlelatitude.com, they ship worldwide or on following stores:
Sotomoto, 24/2 Hauz Khas Village New Delhi 110016 • Grasshopper : 45, Kalena Agrahara, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore 560 076 • Plantation House : B14b / Level 1, Leela Galleria, Leela Palace Kempinski Hotel, No.23 Old Airport Road, Bangalore 560 008 • Pappadum : 21, Chittaranjan Road, Teynampet, Chennai 600 018 • Studio Alaya : 94, Old Rajpur, Near Shahenshahi Ashram, Dehradun 248 009